- 1 Syncmyride.com Activate
- 2 Activate Sync My Ride through syncmyride.com/activate
- 3 How To Create a SyncMyRide Account?
- 4 FordPass with FordPass Connect App
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Syncmyride.com Activate: SYNC’s intelligent feature, Sync My Ride allows you to use voice control to make calls, choose applications and listen to music.
This technology allows users to keep their eyes on the road and their hands on their steering wheel.
If you have just purchased a Ford vehicle, the following information will be helpful. The following guide will help you to set up and activate Sync My Ride feature via syncmyride.com/activate.
Activate Sync My Ride through syncmyride.com/activate
After you have learned how to configure Ford Sync My Ride, you will be able to experience and recognize new connectivity features by simply using your smartphone with SYNC AppLink and Ford+Alexa, SYNCConnect FordPass, SYNCConnect Wi-Fi Hotspot, and SYNC app link. Learn how to connect your smartphones by reading the following points.
When you find how to set up syncmyride.com/activate, then, at that point, you can insight and perceive the new network perspectives by simply using the smartphone alongside SYNC App Link, Ford+Alexa, SYNC Connect FordPass, and SYNC Connect Wi-Fi. To connect your smartphone, follow the steps below.
How To Create a SyncMyRide Account?
Before you follow the steps below to set up SYNC AppLink, be sure that you have an account online with Ford. You can skip this step if you already have one.
- Register for a Ford account.
- In the box provided, enter your email address and click on the Request Email link.
- Open the email message from Ford now and click the Verify button.
- After your email account is verified, you will need to enter your Password, First Name, and Last Name in the prompt field.
- Next, click the checkbox next to the chosen option to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Next, click the Register Account button.
- Your Ford online account has been activated
Guide to Activate Syncmyride on syncmyride.com/activate
Enabling the SYNC app link feature allows you to use voice commands or wheel buttons on your steering wheel to control your favorite apps on your smartphone and other similar devices. These are the steps that will enable the SYNC app link within minutes.
NOTICE: SYNC with MyFord touch does not support the SYNC AppLink feature
- Download the SYNC app link compatible mobile app on your smartphone.
- The App Catalog contains a list of compatible SYNC AppLink mobile apps.
- After you have downloaded the mobile app, you will need SYNC to pair your smartphone.
- Follow these steps to pair your smartphone with the SYNC version.
- Your vehicle must be parked.
- Bluetooth can be enabled on your smartphone
- Select the Phone icon from your vehicle’s SYNC screen.
- Next, click on the ADD A PHONE button and follow the steps.
Ford SYNC 4
- Turn on Bluetooth for your device.
- Navigate to the Settings Section on your vehicle’s SYNC screen.
- In the CSS section, select the CONNECTIVITY choice.
- Next, click on the BLUETOOTH button.
- Choose the ADD a Bluetooth Device option from the list. The next screen will prompt you to search for your vehicle using your smartphone.
- For pairing, you will receive a number from your phone and the SYNC screen.
- Verify that both devices have the same number.
- The device will be successfully paired.
For SYNC 4A
- Allow Bluetooth to be enabled on your device.
- Next, tap the Vehicle image on the left sidebar of your SYNC screen.
- Next, click on SETTINGS > CONNECTIVITY> BLUETOOTH.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Tap the ADD BLUETOOTH DEVICE button.
- Choose the vehicle from your device. This will display your PIN and your SYNC screen.
- Verify that the numbers on your devices match. Confirm the pairing if they match.
- The screen will inform you when the pairing was successful.
Ford SYNC 3
- Select the Phone option from your vehicle’s SYNC3 screen.
- Next, click the Add device button. If a device is already paired, SYNC 3 will display its name.
- SYNC 3 is available when you scan your phone. The option will be either found in “SYNC” (or your vehicle’s model).
- When asked for a pin, enter it on your SYNC screen.
- If you are not asked to enter a PIN, verify that it is the same PIN on both devices.
- Next, tap the pair option from your phone and yes on your SYNC display.
- On your screen will be displayed the message “Pairing Success”.
- Next, toggle between Auto-Download Contacts and 911 Assist. Finally, tap the Finish icon.
Follow these steps to activate Syncmyride in your Ford car and enjoy the following features.
- SYNC AppLink lets you launch and manage your smartphone applications using voice commands.
- Ford+Alexa can help you find the traffic information to your office and to nearby shops.
- The SYNC Connect FordPass feature allows you to track your vehicle’s location, get vital information, chill the cabin before entering, and lock or unlock remotely.
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot lets users connect to ten supported devices simultaneously.
- You can make and receive calls using the SYNC 3 Android Auto/Apple CarPlay function.
FordPass with FordPass Connect App
You are done. Download the Ford pass app from the App store. For those who don’t already have a Ford owner’s account, create one using the instructions above. Next, connect your Ford pass via the Ford pass connect App.
- Login to the App
- Add your SYNC-equipped car.
- Visit the My Vehicles Card
- Click on “Add Vehicle”
- Click the plus button to add another vehicle.
- Select the Use Camera tab to scan the VIN barcode. Point your phone’s camera at the VIN label on your vehicle’s driver’s door sill.
- A screen will be generated after your scan is completed successfully.
- Give your vehicle a nickname and click Finish
- You will see a screen telling you how to activate SYNC Connect. Click the button to activate SYNC Connect.
- Take a few moments to get to your car to start it.
- On the SYNC 3 touch screen, you will see a notification that says “Your name has requested Ford Owner account ownership for this vehicle.”
- Select Allow to activate the Ford Owner full suite of features, including vehicle location as well as other information.
Precaution: Make sure you select Allow within 10 startups. If you don’t you won’t gain remote access and you will need to activate it again from the beginning. After a brief period, all remote features can now be accessed via your FordPass Vehicle Controls Card.
Ford SYNC Features– SYNC Connect Functions
SYNC, like all innovative technology products, has changed over time. There are four types of SYNC, depending on the year and model of your Ford vehicle: SYNC (basic), SYNC-with-MyFord, SYNC without Voice-Activated Navigation, and SYNC With MyFord Touch.
We won’t go deep on the Ford SYNC types if you want to learn more about that, you can visit the SYNC description page on the Ford official Site at https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html.
We will now discuss the incredible features of Ford SYNC.
1 – SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot – The Ford SYNCconnect Wi-Fi allows you to connect up to 10 devices within a range of 50 feet from your vehicle. This makes it possible for you to control your car from far away.
2 – SYNCConnect FordPass – The remote feature SYNCconnect Ford pass allows you to control your Ford vehicle from your fingertips. This feature allows car owners to remotely control certain functions such as vehicle location tracking and locking and unlocking vehicle doors.
3 – SYNC app link – With the SYNC app link, drivers can use voice commands or their car’s touchscreen to control their phones. Some functions, such as opening apps, playing music, and opening text messages, can be initiated.
4 – Ford+Alexa – With the Ford+Alexa ford vehicle owner can receive traffic information from far away before they either halt their movement, change a route, or are ready to face the traffic.
5 – SYNC 3 Android- Apple CarPlay – With the Ford Carplay you can do a lot with your SYNC connection, including stream music and listening to voicemails.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate Sync My Ride?
SYNC My Ride Setup
- Sign up for an account on the Ford Sync My Ride website.
- From the site, choose “HELLO, YOUR NAME,” then select “Your Settings.”
- Choose from the “Vehicles & SYNC” tab.
- Search for “SYNC Mobile Settings” and click “Add an Account.”
- Enter your telephone number and a nickname that you will keep phone number in mind.
How much does sync my ride cost?
The benefit that comes with Ford Connect Connect is that it’s free of extra cost since it works directly to your cell phone. Similar to other telematics systems, users must sign up for the service. The cost could be around $200 annually.
How do I connect my phone to my Ford Sync?
When you connect to the SYNC media system go to add phone. The system will now be accessible through your mobile device and it may even show the unique PIN. On your smartphone, tap your Ford SYNC system in the Bluetooth menu. Both devices will begin pairing. Your SYNC screen should confirm that you have paired.