I have gathered all the information on the John Deere S220 that is available on the (official site) and included it on this page. This information includes the John Deere S220 Specs, Oil Capacity, weight, price, and dimensions.
When looking for information regarding the John Deere S220, we only trust official sources since we want to give our readers the most accurate information possible.
This article, which has been updated, has all of the information that you could ever want to learn about the John Deere S220.
John Deere S220 Price, Specs, Review, Horsepower, Weight, Oil Capacity, Attachments
The John Deere S220 is a lawn mower intended for homeowners who have large or medium-sized yards. It features a 42-inch cutting deck as well as a 22 HP Cyclonic V-Twin motor.
The S220 also features a hydrostatic/automatic drive transmission, side-by-side forward and reverse pedals, and a comfortable 15-inch (38-cm) open-back seat.
Its model S220 is a favourite choice for homeowners as it is easy to operate and offers an excellent combination of speed and mobility. It also comes with an extended warranty of 3 years and 200 hours.
- 22 HP* Cyclonic V-Twin engine for powerful performance
- 42-inch cutting deck for a wide cutting area
- Hydrostatic/automatic drive transmission for smooth and easy operation
- Side-by-side forward and reverse pedals for easy control
- Comfortable 15-inch (38-cm) open-back seat for operator comfort
- 3-year/200-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
John Deere S220 Price New
John Deere S220 Original Price: $2,999.00
John Deere S220 Horsepower
The John Deere S220 lawn tractor has a 22 horsepower (16.4 kW) V-twin engine.
John Deere S220 Weight
The John Deere S220 lawn tractor weighs 486 lbs 220 kg.
John Deere S220 Engine Oil Capacity
The John Deere S220 engine oil capacity is 2 quarts (1.9 litres).
John Deere S220 Specs
John Deere S220 Engine
|Briggs & Stratton 44J677
gasoline 2-cylinder, air-cooled vertical-shaft V-Twin
79 x 73 mm
John Deere S220 Transmission
|Tuff Torq TLT200
|infinite forward and reverse
|sealed unit, owner service is not recommended
John Deere S220 Dimensions
|John Deere S220 Tires
John Deere S220 Attachments
|42″ mid-mount mower deck
|42″ Mower deck
|mid-mount John Deere
|2-blade with manual lift
|46 inches, 116 cm
|44 inches, 111 cm
John Deere S220 Mulching Kit
The John Deere S220 mulching kit is an optional attachment for field installation that transforms the S220 tractor’s 42″ Accel Deep (42A) Mower Deck into a mulching device. It comes with everything you need:
- Mulch plug
- Specially-designed blades for mulching
- Control actuation system to handle
Mulching involves cutting grass clippings in such a way that they quickly decompose and then return nutrients back into the soil.
Mulching can improve the overall condition of your lawn and decrease the requirement for chemical fertilizers.
To utilize the mulching kit just plug the mulch plug in the rear discharge hole of the deck of your mower and turn the mulching blades on.
After that, you can mow your lawn in the same way as you normally do. The mower’s blades cut and re-cut grass clippings till they are sufficiently fine to be deposited in the soil.
Here are a few advantages of using the mulching kit:
- The need for chemical fertilizers is less
- Better lawn health
- The reduction in the buildup of thatch
- Reduction in consumption of water
- Air quality is cleaner (mulching aids in reducing dust, allergens and other particles)
John Deere S220 Problems
The John Deere S220 can be described as a dependable and effective compact utility tractor, however, like all machines, there are issues that it will encounter at times. Here are some possible problems and solutions for the S220:
- Transmission Issues Some users have reported problems regarding the system, including it malfunctioning or not working correctly. If you have problems with your transmission and you are unable to fix it, be inspected or repaired by a trained technician.
- Belt replacement Over time, the belt for transmission will wear out and require replacing. Follow the directions in the owner’s manual, or seek out a professional so that the belt is installed correctly.
- Mower Doesn’t Move If your S220 begins but doesn’t move, it could be caused by a range of issues, like wear on the drive belt or an issue with the transmission. A professional should be consulted to identify and fix the issue.
To prevent issues in your S220, it is essential to adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule for your model and ensure that the machine is clean and well-maintained.
Regular inspection and replacement of damaged or worn parts can help prevent more serious issues from occurring. If you encounter issues Do not be reluctant to seek assistance from a professional to ensure secure and efficient repairs.
John Deere S220 Review
The John Deere S220 is a dependable and robust lawn tractor featuring a potent engine and user-friendly controls. It’s an ideal choice for homeowners with medium to large yards. Still, it comes at a higher cost, and a few users have mentioned issues with the steering wheel wobbling.
For a full review, please check this YouTube video Here.
That was all about the John Deere S220 Price, Specs, Review, and Key Features, but if you have any queries regarding this post, then please comment below in the comment box, We will solve your problem as soon as possible, thanks for visiting our site and stay tuned to our site for more new stuff like this.
John Deere S220 FAQ
What is the engine power of the John Deere S220?
The S220 lawn tractor is equipped with a 22 HP Cyclonic V-Twin engine.
What is the deck size of the John Deere S220?
The S220 lawn tractor comes with a 42-inch Accel Deep deck.
What is the seat size of the John Deere S220?
The S220 lawn tractor features a comfortable 15-inch open-back seat.
What is the class indicator for the John Deere S220?
An S on the model of the lawn tractor signifies it is part of the S series, which includes two distinct classes of mowers, The S 100s, and also the S 200s.
My name is Ranjitsinh Mantri founder of this blog and I am a full-time blogger writing is my passion. Just before 4 years ago We started this website in 2019 with my team to share our knowledge about tractor models and its prices guide on the internet.