Finding genuine and accurate information about the John Deere S160 Specs, Weight, Price, Oil Capacity and Review may be difficult.
We directly talk to multiple John Deere S160 representatives and associates to get truthful and correct information about John Deere S160 Specs, Weight, Prices, and Reviews.
It wasn’t easy, but we worked harder for our readers. So, let’s get started with the John Deere S160 Specs, weight, price, Attachments and review.
John Deere S160 Price, Specs, Review, Horsepower, Weight, Oil Capacity, Attachments
The John Deere lawn tractor was first introduced in 2021. It’s an element of the John Deere 100 Series, which is a series of cost-effective and easy-to-use riding mowers.
This model S160 has a 24-HP V-Twin ExtendedLife Series (ELS) engine. It also comes with the 48-inch Edge(tm) deck for the mower.
It also comes with a hydrostatic transmission that has side-by-side pedals and an Easy Change(TM) 30-second oil change system, as well as an adjustable lumbar chair.
The John Deere S160 is a lawn tractor that can be ridden specifically designed for those with medium- or large grasses. It’s powered by a 24HP (17.9 Kw) V-Twin Extended Life Series (ELS) engine and has a 48-inch (122-cm) Edge(tm) mower deck.
The S160 is also equipped with an electrostatic transmission that makes for smooth and simple operation.
- 24 HP (17.9 kW) V-Twin Extended Life Series (ELS) engine
- 48-inch (122-cm) Edge™ Mower Deck
- Hydrostatic transmission
- Easy Change™ 30-Second Oil Change System
- Adjustable lumbar seat
- Standard front bumper
- 2-year/120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
John Deere S160 Price New
John Deere S160 Original Price: $3,099.00
John Deere S160 Horsepower
The John Deere S160 lawn tractor has a 24 HP (17.9 kW) V-Twin Extended Life Series (ELS) engine.
John Deere S160 Weight
The John Deere S160 lawn mower weighs approximately 481 pounds (218 kg) with no fuel and without the mower deck mounted.
When the tank is full of gasoline and the deck in place the weight rises to around 500 lbs (227 kilograms).
John Deere S160 Engine Oil Capacity
The John Deere S160 has an engine oil capacity of 2 quarts (1.9 litres).
John Deere S160 Specs
|Manufacturer||John Deere Lawn tractor|
John Deere S160 Engine
|Engine details||Briggs & Stratton 44U877
gasoline 2-cylinder air-cooled vertical-shaft V-Twin
79 x 73 mm
|Sparkplug gap||0.030 inches
|Oil Capacity||2 qts
|Oil change||50 h|
John Deere S160 Transmission
|Transmission||Tuff Torq TL200|
|Oil change||sealed unit, owner service is not recommended|
John Deere S160 Dimensions
|Tow capacity||480 lbs*
|John Deere S160 Tires|
|Open operator station.|
|Power Take-off (PTO)|
John Deere S160 Attachments
|48″ mid-mount mower deck|
|48″ Mower deck|
|Type||mid-mount John Deere|
|Cutting width||48 inches
|Overall width||60.8 inches
|Cut height||1 to 4 inch
2 to 10 cm
|width||46 inches, 116 cm|
|width||44 inches, 111 cm|
John Deere S160 Problems
The John Deere S160 is a well-known riding lawn mower, however, it’s not without difficulties. Some of the most frequently reported problems that owners have reported include:
- Engine issues: The S160 uses a 24HP twin Briggs and a Stratton engine that has been found to be plagued by issues with the pushrods and valve guides. These issues can cause the engine to backfire stall, or even be powerless.
- Problems with hydrostatic transmissions: The S160 also utilizes a hydrostatic drive, which is susceptible to problems like leaks overheating and even failure. These issues can cause problems or make it difficult to maneuver the mower.
- Electrical issues: The S160 has an intricate electrical system vulnerable to issues such as shorts, corrosion, or malfunctioning components. These problems can result in many problems, including problems with lighting and issues with the instrument panel.
- Mowing deck issues: The S160’s mowing deck may also be prone to problems like bent blades, worn-out bearings, or damaged spindles. These issues could result in the mower cutting unevenly, shaking too much, or emitting loud sounds.
John Deere S160 Parts
|Part Name||Part Number||Description|
|Air Filter||AM131192||Removes dirt and debris from the air before it enters the engine.|
|Engine Oil||AM10067||Lubricates and protects the engine components.|
|Fuel Filter||AM100760||Removes dirt and contaminants from the fuel before it enters the engine.|
|Spark Plug||AM106642||Ignites the air-fuel mixture in the engine.|
|Mower Blade||AM137778||Cuts the grass.|
|Drive Belt||AM137779||Transmits power from the engine to the transmission and other components.|
|Battery||AM137780||Provides power to the electrical system.|
John Deere S160 Review Video
That was all about the John Deere S160 Price, Specs, Review, and Key Features, but if you have any queries regarding this post, then please comment below in the comment box, We will solve your problem as soon as possible, thanks for visiting our site and stay tuned to our site for more new stuff like this.
John Deere S160 FAQ
What is the engine horsepower of the John Deere S160?
The S160 has a 24-horsepower V-Twin Extended Life Series (ELS) engine.
What is the cutting width of the mower deck on the John Deere S160?
The S160 has a 48-inch Edge™ mower deck.
What is the transmission type on the John Deere S160?
The S160 has a hydrostatic transmission with side-by-side pedals.
What is the maximum speed of the John Deere S160?
The S160 has a maximum forward speed of 5.5 mph and a maximum reverse speed of 3.2 mph.