John Deere 2640 Specs, Price, Review, Horsepower, Serial Numbers, Engine Oil Capacity, Attachments & Pictures
The John Deere 2640 stands as a 2-wheel drive utility tractor belonging to the 2040 series. This specific tractor was produced by the John Deere company in Dubuque, Iowa, USA, spanning the years from 1976 to 1982.
John Deere 2640 Utility tractor was equipped with a John Deere diesel 4-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 70 hp [52.2 kW] power at a rated rpm of 2500.
John Deere 2640 Utility Tractor featured a John Deere 4.5L 4-cyl diesel engine, 4×2 2WD, 2630 kg weight, 8 forward and 4 reverse gears, mechanical with power assist steering and differential hydraulic wet disc brakes.
Now, let’s find out the John Deere 2640 HP, Price, Specs, Review, Attachments, Weight, Features & Images, and more. I hope it will be useful to you.
John Deere 2640 Price
John Deere 2640 Original Price: $22,000.00 USD (1982)
Here are some examples of recent listings for used John Deere 2640 tractors:
- 1977 John Deere 2640 2WD Tractor w/Loader: $15,950
- 1981 John Deere 2640 4WD Tractor: $13,900
- 1982 John Deere 2640 2WD Tractor: $12,500
John Deere 2640 Specs
|Year||1976 to 1982|
John Deere 2640 Serial Numbers
John Deere 2640 Engine
|engine||John Deere diesel 4-cylinder liquid-cooled|
106 x 127 mm
|Coolant capacity:||12 qts
John Deere 2640 Transmission
|Gears:||8 forward and 4 reverse|
|Four gears (1-4) in two ranges (I and II) plus reverse (R) range.|
|Type:||two-speed power shift|
|Gears:||16 forward and 8 reverse|
|Gears:||8 forward and reverse|
|Four gears (1-4) in two ranges (I and II) with a left-hand hydraulic shuttle lever.|
John Deere 2640 Capacity
|Hydraulic system:||10 gal
John Deere 2640 Hydraulics
|Pump flow:||9 gpm
John Deere 2640 POWER
|PTO (claimed):||70 hp
|Drawbar (tested):||57.88 hp
|PTO (tested):||70.37 hp
John Deere 2640 PTO
John Deere 2640 Mechanical
|Differential lock:||mechanical rear|
|Steering:||mechanical with power assist|
|Brakes:||differential hydraulic wet disc|
|Cab:||Open operator station.|
|Transmissions:||8-speed collar shift|
|16-speed two-speed power shift|
|8-speed power shuttle|
|Control||position control and lower-link draft sensing|
|Rear lift (at 24″/610mm)||2400 lbs [1088 kg]|
John Deere 2640 Dimensions
217 cm *
|Height (hood):||61.3 inches
|Height (exhaust):||101.7 inches
|Operating weight:||5800 lbs
|Ballasted weight:||8430 lbs
|Clearance (front axle):||25.6 inches
|Front tread:||60 to 88 inches
152 to 223 cm (straight axle)
|Front tread:||49 to 79 inches
124 to 200 cm (swept axle)
|Rear tread:||52 to 97 inches
132 to 246 cm (rack-and-pinion)
John Deere 2640 Tires
John Deere 2640 Electrical
John Deere 2640 Problems And Solution
Here are 8 common John Deere 2640 problems and solutions:
The engine won’t start
- Solution: Check the battery, starter, and alternator. If they are working properly, check the fuel system for any clogs or leaks.
The carburetor is jammed
- Solution: Clean the carburetor and replace any damaged parts.
Fuel is running out
- Solution: Check the fuel tank for any leaks or damage. Replace any damaged parts and refill the tank with fresh fuel.
The steering has problems
- Solution: Check the power steering fluid level and refill if necessary. If the problem persists, check the steering linkage for any damage or wear and replace it as needed.
The hydraulic fluid has issues
- Solution: Check the hydraulic fluid level and refill if necessary. If the problem persists, check the hydraulic system for any leaks or damage and repair as needed.
The transmission is slipping
- Solution: Check the transmission fluid level and refill if necessary. If the problem persists, check the transmission for any damage or wear and replace as needed.
The electrical system is faulty
- Solution: Check the battery connections for any corrosion or damage and clean or replace as needed. Check the fuses, alternator, ignition switch, and starter for any damage or wear and replace as needed.
The PTO is not working
- Solution: Check the PTO shaft for any damage or wear and replace it as needed. Check the PTO clutch for proper engagement and adjust or replace it as needed
Also, Find Here :
John Deere 2640 Review Video
That’s all about the John Deere 2640 Tractor Price, Specification, Review, Attachments, and Features. But If you have any problem regarding this post, then please comment in the below comment box. I will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Thanks.
The John Deere 2640 has a maximum horsepower of 70 HP.
The operating weight of the John Deere 2640 is 5,800 pounds.
The John Deere 2640 has a fuel tank capacity of 19.5 gallons.
The lift capacity of the John Deere 2640’s 3-point hitch is up to 2,400 pounds.
Yes, the John Deere 2640 is available in both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models.
The maximum forward speed of the John Deere 2640 is approximately 18 miles per hour.
The John Deere 2640 has a width of 69.5 inches.
The John Deere 2640 is compatible with a variety of attachments, including front loaders, backhoes, and plows.
The John Deere 2640 was produced from 1976 to 1984.
The resale value of a John Deere 2640 tractor can vary depending on several factors such as the tractor’s condition, age, location, and any additional features or attachments. For example, a used John Deere 2640 tractor with 2086 hours is listed for sale at $11,000 on MachineryPete.com
The lift capacity of the John Deere 2640 loader is 1,090 kg (2,405 lbs) at 610 mm (24 in).
My name is Ranjitsinh Mantri founder of this blog and I am a full-time blogger writing is my passion. Just before 4 years ago We started this website in 2019 with my team to share our knowledge about tractor models and its prices guide on the internet.