- 1 How Do I Permanently Delete my TextNow Account?
- 2 What is TextNow?
- 3 Why you should delete your TextNow account
- 4 How to Delete Textnow Account
- 6 How do I change my phone number?
- 7 The solution is to stop using it altogether!
- 8 Does Deleting the App Cancel your Premium Membership?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Permanently Delete my TextNow Account?
- Visit TextNow’s website. TextNow website and log in on your text now account.
- Select”MY ACCOUNT” under the “My Account” tab located near the top.
- Go to”Delete My Account”. Scroll down to the “Delete My Account” section and then click the “Delete My Account. “Delete My Account” button.
- Enter your password, then click”Delete Account” button “Delete Account” button.
You can end the terms of your TextNow account at any time through an email sent to email@example.com or by calling the number below to request to talk to a representative regarding the process of deactivating your account.
What is TextNow?
TextNow is a no-cost messaging app that lets you send and read messages, make phone calls, or even access the internet. It’s a telephone service that is integrated into an application. You will receive a free phone number so that you can stay in contact with family and friends.
TextNow can be used TextNow with any mobile device and obtain the number for a free number, and make calls and texts anywhere within North America for free.
Text and call via Wi-Fi and save for your telephone bill using TextNow. TextNow also offers additional features such as voicemail, group texting, and conference calls.
TextNow has apps for Android devices, as in iOS. It is possible to download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App store on the device you prefer. It also offers the option of a premium subscription which gives you additional features as well as an ad-free.
Why you should delete your TextNow account
While TextNow has a lot of users, the company also has many issues you should not be ignoring. Let’s look at some of the problems that may cause you to want to remove your account.
If you’re looking to delete the application from your device or you don’t enjoy using the app anymore There are a few reasons to consider quitting the application.
Many users have criticized TextNow due to its lack of customer service as well as its lack of privacy options. Customers have also complained that they were not provided with adequate assistance when they faced concerns about the service.
The lack of help has led paid customers to feel that they made a poor choice when choosing to use TextNow instead of traditional phone service.
Even though the service is completely free for use, its trial version is filled with advertisements. You’ll have been paying a subscription for access to higher-quality options and enjoy free ads.
Another issue that people complain about is that their phone number will be canceled when they don’t use it regularly.
A few users have complained that their number was removed after inactivity for around two weeks. If you do not utilize the service regularly or at all, you’ll lose your current phone number because of inactivity.
A few users have complained about the service as not being reliable. The users have also reported the application to be unwieldy and clunky. The same is true for many other free apps and you shouldn’t be too surprised if you do not get the best service when you sign up for the free plan.
But, TextNow does not provide a completely free app, which could dissuade you from using the application.
- Usually, you can contact TextNow users at no cost when you have an active internet connection. However, you will need to purchase International Long-Distance Credits to call any number in the world outside of Canada and the United States.
- You will also have to sign up for an expensive plan to secure your account and then upgrade your free account to an ad-free one by paying a set amount.
If you’re unhappy with the paid services and want to end your TextNow account This article is written ideal for you.
How to Delete Textnow Account
Unfortunately, it is not possible to erase your account using TextNow. The service provider doesn’t provide the option of deleting the account because of a technical reason that is unknown to us.
TextNow will not permit users to cancel their accounts However, that does not mean you can’t remove them.
You can also utilize alternative methods to remove and sign from your TextNow account for good.
Here’s how to remove the personal information you have stored.
Step 1: Go to www.textnow.com/messaging using an internet browser and log in using your credentials.
Step 2. Select the settings that are that look like gears on the right sidebar of the dashboard.
Step 3. Select “Settings”
4. Select “Account” under the menu of settings.
Phase 5: Update your information: details:
Input “DELETE My DATA” under your first name. Leave the Last Name unfilled.
The next step is to enter your email address (Delete@invalid.com) in the email field, and then select Save.
6. Click on “Security And Login” on the left sidebar.
7. Step 7 “Log in from any device.”
If you decide to stop using the application, your personal data remains associated with the account. So, removing your personal information will stop people from reaching you via the app indefinitely.
If you don’t agree with these terms, TextNow services will not be available to you, without first registering and paying for the services first. If you do not agree to these terms, you must stop the use of TextNow immediately and erase any data you have on TextNow.
In the event that it is required by the law, we will not transfer, lease or rent the personal data of our customers to any third party without your consent.
When can I expect my account to be deactivated?
If you call us and make a request by email our customer service representatives will handle your request as quickly as they can.
If you phone us you may experience slight delays throughout the day, however, they are all aware that most people don’t want their information shared and will generally assist you promptly! The average time is just five to six minutes!
How do I change my phone number?
It’s really easy! You just need to login to textnow.com and then go to “My Account” and click “My Account””. Select ” Phone Number” and then update it to reflect the new number.
If you have any other questions about phone numbers or TextNow in general, feel free to check out our Support Center at http://support.textnow.com/
How do I turn off my login notification emails?
It’s not too difficult! Once you’ve logged in, simply click “Profile” at the upper right of the page. You can then remove the checkmark “Enable Login Notifications”. It’s as easy as that!
Alternative Method to Deactivating TextNow Account
There’s a way of canceling your TextNow account, without altering your personal details.
The solution is to stop using it altogether!
You must uninstall the app on your phone. Your TextNow account will be shut down over the course of three weeks, and your account number will be deleted.
This will ensure that you don’t get any phone calls or text messages through the app and that your number will be blocked from being accessed.
This is a step-by-step procedure to deinstall the application.
- Step 1. Locate the application on your phone.
- Step 2. Click over the icon and hold it for several minutes.
- Step 3. A menu overlay will open.
- Step 4: Choose “Uninstall” or “X,” depending on the brand of phone to uninstall the app.
This app is deleted completely.
You can also go to Phone Settings to locate the application and then remove it from the.
Does Deleting the App Cancel your Premium Membership?
It’s not true that deleting the app will not cancel your premium membership which includes International call credits, an ad-free experience, or the lock your number feature.
If you’re a premium member then you must end your subscription prior to you deleting the application.
Here’s how to accomplish it.
- Step 1. Open using the Google Play Store app on your smartphone.
- Step 2. Select “Menu” and then click “Account.”
- Step 3. Select “Subscriptions” followed by clicking on TexNow.
- Step 4. Select “Cancel Subscription” at the end of the page.
- Step 1. Start”App Store” Step 1: Open the “App Store” application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 2. Scroll down until you locate “Apple ID” at the lower left.
- Step 3. Click the “View Apple ID”
- 4. Go to the bottom of your screen and then click “Subscriptions”
- 5. Hit TextNow and confirm the action by pressing “Cancel Subscription”
On the Website
- Step 1: Enter https://www.textnow.com/account/new on your browser. Sign in if you’ve not done so yet.
- Step 2. Locate”Cancel My Subscription” on the “Cancel My Subscription” button on the My Account page.
- Step 3. Click on “Cancel My Subscription” to begin canceling paid features.
Alternately, you can opt-out from paid services through the TextNow application.
- Open TextNow, then go to the Menu.
- Select the “Premium” option on the right side of the menu
- Click the Manage Subscription option (for Android) or Check the Status of Your Subscription (on iOS)
How about reactivating your account
If you want to activate your account, you’ll be able to restore the app and sign in with the right login credentials.
Be aware that you will not be able to use the same password after you’ve updated your personal information in order to uninstall the application.
In this scenario, you’ll need to sign up for TextNow with a fresh email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I delete my Textnow account?
There isn’t a way to erase your account. TextNow declares that due to legal reasons, they are not able to erase your account. It is recommended to access your account settings, and then modify or delete all your personal data, including your email address, rendering your information useless to TextNow. When you erase the app, none of the information that is stored in the system is a reflection of your identity.
How do I permanently delete my TextNow app?
Alternative Method for deactivating the TextNow Account
- Step 1: Open the app on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Click over the icon and hold it for several minutes.
- Step 3. A menu overlay will open.
- Step 4: Select “Uninstall” (or “X,” depending on the phone’s brand name for removing the app.
How do I permanently delete my TextFree account?
To end your account in Android:
- TextFree Settings.
- Scroll and tap Help.
- Tap to close your account.
- After reviewing the information displayed on the screen regarding closing the account, tap Continue to close your account.
- Select a reason why you want your account to be closed. Press the red “Close Account button.
How do I cancel my TextNow account?
Start the menu in TextNow Tap to Premium in the upper right corner of the screen and then select the Manage Subscription…
Cancel App Subscription
- Open Google Play Store. Google Play Store app.
- Click Menu, Account, and then Subscriptions, then tap TextNow.
- In the lower right corner of the screen, there will be a button for you to cancel your Subscription.
How do I delete my 2022 TextNow account?
How can I permanently erase my TextNow account?
- You’ll see the option to sign in to the link to sign in to your TextNow account.
- Hit the button. Scroll down to the bottom, and then click Cancel Subscription.
- You’ll have to answer some questions, such as the reason you’re going to cancel.
What happens if I delete TextNow?
In the event that you’re paying nothing for our service Ad-Free+, remove the TextNow application from your device and end using it. After a short period without activity, all phone numbers associated with your account are deleted and you will not be able to receive calls or messages.