How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat?
- 1 How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat?
- 2 Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android (2022)
- 3 Easily Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Enable Dark Mode Snapchat: Dark mode usage in applications was at its highest during the year of the year. Every other software company was focusing on introducing dark mode in their apps.
When the introduction of the general dark themes for Android and iOS and the introduction of dark themes on iOS, navigating into the dark world was effortless. But, if there’s one app that did not abide by the current trend in the industry it’s Snapchat.
Snapchat, a messaging app that focuses on photos and is used by many to keep snaps with their friends, has finally introduced dark mode for iOS in January of this year with Android support expected to be released in the near future.
Today, we’ll walk through the steps needed of enabling the dark-mode feature on Snapchat.
Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android (2022)
Although the Snapchat app for iPhone has a native option to turn off or enable the Dark theme this option is not available in the Android application.
There are many Android users who have wondered how to enable dark mode on Snapchat on their devices.
You’ve found the right answer. We’ve included a handy method to enable dark themes on Snapchat for your Android phone. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
Turn on Dark Mode in Snapchat on Your iPhone
1. Click the Bitmoji icon in the upper-left corner to start the profile on Snapchat. Snapchat profile.
2. On the Profile page click to activate the Settings gear icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
3. Within the “My Account” settings, click “App Appearance” to view the option to alter the design of Snapchat.
4. In your “App Appearance” settings, select ” Always dark” to enable dark mode for Snapchat using your iPhone.
Enable Snapchat Dark Mode in Oppo, Vivo, or OnePlus Phones
You can try the new forced dark mode that is available per app in ColorOS/FuntouchOS to activate Snapchat dark mode to selected Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones. If you are using OnePlus phones, make sure to note that you’ll need to be running an OxygenOS build that is based on ColorOS.
1. Launch the Settings app then select “Display & Brightness“. After that, you can press “Dark mode settings” to alter the settings for dark mode on your phone.
2. Select “Dark mode for third-party apps (Beta)” and you’ll be able to find a list of applications that work that use forced dark mode.
3. Select Snapchat in the list of apps that are supported and then enable the toggle. If the confirmation prompt pops up, choose “Turn on” to turn on dark mode for Snapchat.
4. You can open Snapchat now to enjoy your dark themes! This version looks more appealing than the standard forced dark mode, which is available via Developer Options. If you’re curious about which screenshots you’re looking at, they’re taken from a OnePlus Nord 2 running OxygenOS 11. The latest Snapchat Version 22.214.171.124.
Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Any Android Phone
Snapchat hasn’t announced a dark mode option for Android as of yet. We’ll be updating this section when Snapchat releases the Dark theme it will be launching for its Android application.
The most convenient option available currently is to enable the “forced systemwide dark mode “forced systemwide dark mode” option available to developers.
Although it’s not the perfect solution, it’s much superior to staring at the retina-blinding light mode that is available on Android. In case you’re looking to force-enable dark mode on Snapchat for Android Here’s how you can accomplish it:
1. Start the Settings app, and then press ” About phone“. Then, scroll down until you come across”Build Number “Build number” and tap it seven times. This will enable the developer feature on the Android device.
2. Return to the Settings home page, and then navigate back to the Settings home page and click ” System -> Developer options” to open the developer options for developers.
3. In this case, activate this toggle “Override force-dark” toggle You have now successfully activated forcible dark mode in your smartphone. As time goes on, you’ll be able to see that Android will change colors in applications that don’t support native support for dark mode.
Note: Be aware that the latest versions of Snapchat do not respond in a forced mode and the Android app remains in the light mode. Therefore, you’ll need to install and download an earlier version of Snapchat from APKMirror.
4. Click the link for APKMirror and then click”Download APK” and then click the “Download APK” button to download Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 on your device. It is possible to not be able to enjoy the latest features if you use this method, but it’s the sacrifice you’ll have to make in order to download Snapchat dark theme as soon as you get it.
5. Like you see from the picture below The force dark mode switch can help to manually activate the dark theme within Snapchat on Android. The text is easily read and does not have any issues with readability too.
It’s the only solution to bring you into dark mode on Snapchat for an Android device immediately.
Easily Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat
Snapchat is among the few social media platforms that do not have dark themes support on Android by 2022. Although we’re hoping for the company to make improvements this year.
we do hope that this guide has helped you experience the first experience of the feature now. If you’re keen to turn on dark mode on other apps that are popular, read our complete guide on how to turn on dark mode across all platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there an official dark theme on Snapchat for Android?
It’s not true, Snapchat hasn’t yet released an officially dark-themed theme on its Android application. But, there are methods to turn off dark mode on Snapchat.
Q: Why don’t I have dark mode on Snapchat?
If you’re using iOS Make sure that you’ve upgraded to the most recent version of Snapchat to enable dark mode. Android users must wait or resort to workarounds to enable the dark mode on Snapchat.
Q: Why is forced dark mode not working on Snapchat?
Forced dark mode for the entire system via Developer Options no longer works with Snapchat’s latest builds. So, you’ll have to install an older version to enable forced dark themes. You can however use the forced dark theme per-app alternative that is available on certain Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones running the most recent Snapchat versions. Snapchat.